Wednesday, April 25, 2012

White Night.


April 24th, 2012, Tuesday

This is one of those patterns that was undeniably simple to draw, but sometimes it is good to draw a slightly more basic pattern as I tend to get stuck in a pattern rut, drawing one type of pattern exclusively, over and over again, until I come up with something new and different. Drawing circles all over my hand and then having to find a way to stop them from looking like liver spots forced me to step away from the comfort of my muscle-y line patterns.

I do really like this pattern - it sort of reminds me of a constellation map (with my large, white light behind as a crude moon, perhaps) - but I am irritated by the fact the pen bled more than I expected it to. Normally, I am okay with a little bleeding (of the pen + ink kind only, of course), but I wanted this pattern to have a cleaner, sharper look. Oh, well, if I really wanted such a clean look, perhaps I should not have drawn it on my skin (such existential thoughts are occurring today).

-

My nail varnishes are Turquoise by Barry M (lighter) and Aruba Blue from Essie.

-

'Last Night At The Jetty', from Panda Bear
This is a slightly night-themed post, in case you hadn't realised.
Not exactly a new song, but maybe new to one of you, my loyal readers (all three of you).
This is one of those songs that, once you've heard it, makes you wonder how you could have ever survived without it. At least, that's how I felt when I first heard it. What are your thoughts on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment