Friday, January 06, 2012

There's Nothing Surrounding You.


December 13th, 2011, Tuesday
Ottawa

[Yes, I'm still uploading photos from my trip to Canada + New York.
Don't worry: I am well aware of how much of a slow-poke I am being.]

I took the last picture because I enjoyed how perfectly my iPod matched the under-sheet that was on the bed I was sleeping on. Sadly, those very earphones died that very day, so I had to buy some at Ottawa airport two days later. I know, right? CRAZY GOOD STORY.

I drew this pattern whilst listening to my cousin read what I'm pretty sure was Medieval German poetry (my extremely talented sister reads Early Modern + Medieval French and German at university). He struggled, to say the least.

I don't especially like this pattern. I liked it at the beginning and I like elements of it, but it came together in a manner I don't really like. I think I was trying too hard to make it work, but, oh, would you just look at how it didn't.

[This is my first post of 2012, my second year here at Lucidity Tonight. How quietly thrilling.]

No comments:

Post a Comment