Monday, January 30, 2012

Most Of You, Before You Fall.


January 30th, 2012, Monday

Whatever happened to that resolution to use pens that are more agreeable? I would say this biro does not fall into that category. In fact, it the antithesis of that category. I hate the way this biro looks on my skin. No, wait, not that. It looks okay. It is easier to shade when using a biro. It is probably just that it takes more time. It is probably more what it is like getting an actual tattoo (though, of course, only in comparison to the pens I usually use; I, in no way, think getting a tattoo is this simple). I hate that using this biro is more time-consuming, more calculated, less spontaneous; after every single line, I have to scribble on a piece of paper to bring the ink back because it is so resistant to drawing on skin.

 I am not so good at being patient. Most of the patterns I draw do not take more than a few minutes (with exceptions, of course). Photographing them adds time, but it is not the most arduous process in the world. Using a biro completely changes the aesthetic. Perhaps it is just this biro, though. The Lord knows I have drawn with a biro before and liked it.

-

The nail varnish I am wearing is I Vant To Be A-Lone Star from the Texas Collection by OPI. It's a pretty good dupe for Eyeko's Rain, which is a blessing.

-

Three wonderful new songs [at least, new to my ears]: Phantogram's Don't Move; Foxes' Youth (thank you, sister, for making me listen to this; you are endlessly excellent); Grimes' Oblivion.
Foxes' Youth doesn't sound like much at first, but the end is almost excessively good.






Ten posts this month?
This is unheard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment