Monday, January 23, 2012

Meets The Eye.


January 23rd, 2012, Monday

I remember now why I never use this blue pen: it's really
tricky to photograph the resulting patterns. Hmm. I'm not sure what I think.

It looks like I'm not actually posting any songs from the Old Boy soundtrack (at least, I haven't yet), but with these nails + the blue pattern (first blue drawing in a long time), there is no way I'm not about to post something from the TRON: Legacy soundtrack. I really, genuinely do not understand why people didn't like that film. It is one of my favourites, and not in the same way that the film Mean Machine is one of my favourites. I honestly think it is one of the best films I have ever seen.

Perhaps some people were just unable to see past the gaming aspect of it and saw it as a nerdy / childish film, but that's shameful. It's worth watching for the sound editing alone. And Olivia Wilde's performance. And the visual effects. No, fuck it, just watch it.

-

These are my two (current) favourites from the album. They are more subtly wonderful than some of the more famous tracks (like DerezzedThe Game Has Changed, Rinzler, Recognizer...) but equally as brilliant, if not more so. What is so phenomenal about the album is the way Daft Punk seamlessly married electronic + more classical music to create a completely original and unbelievable sound. It is shameful that this album didn't even receive an Oscar nomination.



If you haven't already identified it, the nail varnish I am wearing is 17's Magnetized Nail Polish in Blue.

[Eighth post this month? Someone's running with the big dogs.]

No comments:

Post a Comment