Monday, November 07, 2011

Poison Pen.


 November 7th, 2011, Monday


My thoughts on the green pen? I'm enjoying its subtlety and its synonymity
with poison pen letters, but not its nib.

My copy of the Drive OST finally arrived (it was on back order when I bought it; clearly I wasn't the only one who fell in love with it) and I've been listening to it on repeat all day. My favourite right now is Tick Of The Clock by Chromatics, but this comes after being truly obsessed with Kavinsky's Night Call for a long time.


I saw True Romance for the first time in a while last night. You'Re So Cool remains one of the best songs I've ever heard. If you're similarly a fan, make sure you seek its origins in the Badlands' version of Carl Orff's earlier Gassenhauer. (Quentin Tarantino, the writer of True Romance, was inspired by Badlands when writing the enduring romance and Hans Zimmer reflected that in the soundtrack.)

No comments:

Post a Comment